Born: October 6, 1988
“I hope my participation will inspire the Access Water team to come to China and lead a change in water education.”
Jiaojiao (Cindy) and her husband started a mountaineering team at China University of Geosciences (Beijing) in 2008. During their four years at the university the team developed very well. In 2011, a friend asked Cindy to organize a lecture for “a great female explorer from Norway.” That was the first time she met Liv Arnesen. Liv introduced Cindy to the Access Water project and Cindy was blown away. Two years later, Cindy received an email asking if she was interested in being a member of the Access Water expedition. Without question, she jumped at the opportunity of a lifetime.
- Between 2008 and 2011, Cindy was Vice President of the China University of Geosciences Mountaineering Party.
- Cindy is a Third-Class Mountaineering Sportswoman of China. Her past expeditions include Mt. Haba in Yunnan Province (altitude 5396 m) and Mt. Anemagen in Qinghai Province (altitude 6282). Cindy is the first woman to reach the peak of Mt. Anemagen.
- Bachelors in Business Management, China University of Geosciences. Beijing, China.
- Double Masters in Development Economics & International Projects Management, Université Paris-Est Créteil. Paris, France.
- Masters Degree in Enterprise Management, China University of Geosciences. Beijing, China.
- Master’s Degree in International Business in Developing and Emerging Markets, Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg. Freiberg, Germany.
- Open water scuba diving
- Table tennis